Thursday, July 13, 2006

J.U.D.G.E.

My frustrations get the best of me
When I'm walking alone
My mental in a zone of corner stores near my home
Pumping 3 dollars a gallon gas and waiting at red lights
In 95 degree weather
While fighting not to turn my AC on

But then I spot him in my peripherals like multiple images of blurred vision
He moves towards me with a third eye a social vagabond but,
Before he even opens his lips I already have my words formed like
Premeditated murder
I am thinking how to tell him that
I simply have no money to contribute to him today
After all I do have bills to pay
And I get up everyday and work like a corporate forced slave
So why can’t he do the same
But he looks me in the eyes tells me brotha
Allow me a minute to simply tell you why I am this way

He proceeded to give me the synopsis of society’s sin.is.him
He told me young blood
You are what my kind calls a judge
A J-U-D-G-E
Because you Judge Under a Discriminatory Gained Economy
Then you use these same judgments to formulate false notions about me
And I know what you’re thinking
How can a person be homeless if they are physically able to do manual labor?
Well young blood I never did manual because I couldn’t learn to drive a stick
Rather as a youth I pushed an automatic whip
Whose lashings kept me from changing gears until I lost my transmission
That means no one could hear me and I was stuck in place
I tried to find an occupation but, when you’re homeless with no water
How can you wash your face?
That’s a metaphor for my dirty skin
Meaning if I try to clean myself up society’s views will still view me the same
And in their eyes now I am dirty again

Government programs pass false information to the masses
Giving the appearance that they are here to assist me
When truthfully I have a whole heart yet they try to stick me in a half way home
Leaving me half way alone
Speaking to me in a half way tone
With a half way crooked cop patrolling my block making half way stops telling me to move halfway along

Yet you still subconsciously judge me
Like media entities who
Show interest in me
Peddling false sympathy
Two days annually
Christmas and Thanksgiving occasionally
Feeding me stuffing and turkey
Then showing it on the evening news
Like look we fed the homeless that means we really care for humanity

Yet you still subconsciously judge me
Like I can’t give him money because he has goals of spending it on an alcoholic beverage
Using that as an excuse of mental leverage
To hide the true fact that as people we are naturally selfish
And that is okay but,
Let me put it in perspective
You don’t give to the homeless with the idea of
Where your contribution is going to be sent
Rather you give to extend helping hand to a fellow man and
Hope that the gift is well spent
Like heaven sent cents
Since dollars and cents
Make most sense to most people these days

But young blood…
Look at it this way…
While most of you judge me and roll up your windows at intersections
Check your pocketbook and you see
There is not much difference in our frame of reference because
You too are almost homeless
You are just two paychecks and or one natural disaster away

6 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 10:24 PM, Blogger melette said...

I loved this. So true and how judgemental we are.

 
At 7/14/2006 7:19 AM, Blogger AnaGina said...

Speak on it!!That was awesome and intrusively accurate...Blessings

 
At 7/17/2006 12:40 PM, Blogger glory said...

yup.

 
At 7/20/2006 6:45 AM, Blogger icecoldbrother said...

This was a great post

 
At 7/20/2006 6:45 AM, Blogger icecoldbrother said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/31/2006 2:19 PM, Blogger Ambz said...

still knocking it out the park I see

 

Post a Comment

<< Home