Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mass Konfusion

It was brought to my attention by a couple of friends that read my blog that they do not want it to turn into a temple of hip-hop culture worship. They asked for my thoughts so I am happy to oblige for the readers. Of course once and while I will drop something pertaining to hip-hop culture in. It has influenced me so much that I am compelled to do so.


Occassionally moi does get confused by certain elements surrounding me. Just thought I would share a few. Maybe you will laugh at some and maybe you will relate. Hopefully you enjoy.

Going to fast-food joints to order salads

The fact that caesar salads are more fattening than a taco

Homosexuals that are racist

Feminist with misogynistic tendencies

People with $60 thousand cars and no home

People that turn the radio volume down to figure out what that smell is

Folks that allow their pet to eat off their plate

Guys that get pedicures twice a month

Why I am 26 years old and can only grow a goatee but no sideburns

Why Micheal Orville from 8th grade had a full beard in middle school

Why I still have to pull out my I.D. everywhere I go

Why dudes with muscles always have to take their shirt off on myspace (I got a 6 pack too nucca but, I aint exposing it to the world)

How I am the only one that sees how talented Kobe Bryant really is

How rappers that are negative are positive but rappers that are positive are haters

Why my boy Savvi (local Hueston rapper http://www.myspace.com/savvi ), is one of the illest rappers around and can not get a record deal but, Mike Jones can

Why Mike Jones’s gimmick is repeating shit (Nucca that shit was wack the first time you said it)

How all these rappers from Hueston are getting paid but, the dudes here with real skills are still selling records from the trunk of their car

Why book publishing companies are just like record labels

Why everyone that reads my work tells me they love it but can’t do anything with it

Why Equality (Hueston Poet) is one of the nicest poets I have heard but people do not know

Why the people with talent get overshadowed by the people with gimmicks

When people say “never say never” but in that phrase they said never twice (Mos Def)

How fast my hair grows (The locs have grown 6 inches in four months)

The fact that I think about sex 95% of the time

People that invest in companies like Halliburton (George Bush)

The fact that I am always getting pulled over by police

The fact that I am thinking about sex right now as I type

The fact that I do not mind typing this for strangers (Mostly)

How the internet is such a big portion of my life

The fact that the last three females I have dated have told me that they like the way that I think but, I thought that everyone thinks the same

How attractive men have a swagger but unattractive men are just arrogant

How I love black women but, can not find one to love me back

Why I have so many different interests but not enough time to explore them all

How I pledged for 12 weeks with a fractured rib and no one knew because my pride would not allow me to say anything

My pride

How I seemingly turned into a different person without realizing it

How this whole series turned into characteristics of my personal life

How the U.S. seeks peace in the Middle East by going to war

How I sometimes feel like my voice is insignificant

How my friends and fraternity brothers all love me to death and always want to be around me even though I am often distant

How distant I am

How the more I learn about women the more I realize that I really don’t much

How I always have to remain calm under pressure when sometimes I really want to act human

How my friend’s grandmother said she voted for Bush because she did not want to change president’s in the middle of a war :?

Why is I love writing words so much but, can not find the words to write that properly show just how deep this love is

The fact that this list could be a lot longer but, I do not want people to get tired and stop reading

8 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 7:24 AM, Blogger icecoldbrother said...

"How I am the only one that sees how talented Kobe Bryant really is"

Just how talented is he??????...lol

I'm feeling you on the gimmicks.. they are getting out of control

 
At 6/08/2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah you can be distant. The real friends understand that though.

 
At 6/08/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Ambz said...

there's too many things on here I agree with you about.

but LOL @ you not being able to grow no facial hair and THANK YOU @ pointin out Mike Jones.. he just say ish over and over again.. I thought he was wack to begin with.

 
At 6/09/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Words.worth said...

Ice,
stop hating on Kobe!

Amber,

Man see I can grow a goatee and some semblance of sideburns but, for some reason I end up with that Anthony Hamilton look. So I just stick to the goatee.

Ray,

You know how I am dawg.

 
At 6/12/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Sonnyredd said...

Ours is a non-hazing organization, so I suppose those poetry competitions get a little long rough and rugged.

 
At 6/12/2006 12:12 PM, Blogger Words.worth said...

Ummmm yeah...See what I meant to say was, I pledged my loyalty to the organization and over a 12 week period. During that time I was working so hard that I fractured a rib from sheer dedication.

 
At 6/13/2006 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say you think about sex 98.5% of the time. :D But the other things do explain who you are. lol

 
At 7/01/2006 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I'm quiet...or even when I'm talking, these are the kinds of things I think about.

I could have easily read more. It didn't feel like reading anyway. It felt more like hearing you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home