Sunday, April 16, 2006

Freestyle Frustration

I have not written any poetry or lyrics in about three weeks. Hell I have not even been writing like I should lately, that includes Urban Preafterlife. However, it is not for a lack of ammunition. It is mainly because of an overtly busy schedule. I promise I will provide more consistent literature next week. Anyway, forgive the informality in my writing; I simply want to get to the meat of today’s blog. I am going to freestyle. Is that possible in a blog? Well I am all about trying different things in life and in my writing. So here it is a non-premeditated poem/lyrics for you dames and dukes.


Okay…
Forewarning I never do this
I usually pre-meditate like a plotted
Murder is
What I wanna do
To the pale skinned folks in the zoo
Known as my office space
All in my face
Posing questions like
Who am I?
What do I do?
How old am I?
And what college did I go to
Well yo here’s the answer
I’m the son a freed slave
74 years away
From my grave
I work for no one…
Except my creator
With an attitude
Intestinal fortitude
Of someone forty-two
Dudes can’t match my mental latitude
Longitude is long ways
I spent long days
I do division long ways
And count backwards
Retracing my history in this maze called
Time for random information
AYE YO FUCK THE POLICE!!!
Let me get back to this rhyme
Fest
Brand new
Crime it’s legal this time
A means to an end
Means it’s time to end all this fake lying
About fabricated crime in all these rhymes
Frustrations of a hip-hop junky
With no rehab
Injecting my veins with brass monkey
Lyrical lyricism
Sinicism is what Charlton Hesston would call it
Hi my name Slim but not shady and
I’m a hip-hop alcoholic
Drinkin and further sinkin
Into angry fits
About candy shit
Steroid fits
Homeruns hit
Babe Ruth records
Aint legit
Cuz he played
Before we were allowed
I say it loud
I say it proud
I say it later
I say it now
I say it in a full crowd
Of whites coats and cowls
On white horses with scowls
With crosses burning in the ground
With David Duke yelling white pow-er
To the people
I wrote it
That’s means I spoke it
That means I hope it
That means I know it
That means I show it
Opportunity I never blow it
Like candles on mantles
Dismantles the unsubstantiated
My style you hate it
But respect it
Like fathers teaching daughters
Cuz good fathers aint outdated

-Peace-

1 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 11:19 AM, Blogger glory said...

yerp - it is possible to freestyle in a blog! and i enjoyed reading yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home